2017 Matthew Bulfin Educational Conference Live CME
[.67 Credit Hours] Robin Pierucci, M.D., M.A., F.A.A.P. “End of Life Issues at the Beginning of Life: Perinatal/Neonatal Palliative Care”
1. No matter what other diagnoses are found, the very first one, and the one that is never negated or altered by any of the subsequent diagnoses is, “It’s a boy!, Or “It’s a girl”. This is and will always be a human being.
2. Be able to trace the journey of how perinatal palliative care evolved from adult hospice care.
3. Identify the inherent tensions that exist in our current medical/legal culture that impact end of life care decision making in general, and specifically to the care of newborn and “preborn” infants.
4. Describe what current research states about the use of perinatal/neonatal palliative care.
5. Describe bedside applications of perinatal/neonatal palliative care.
PO Box 395, Eau Claire, MI 49111 | 202-230-0997 | email@example.com