2017 Matthew Bulfin Educational Conference Live CME
[.67 Credit Hours] Naji Abi-Hashem, Ph.D. “Understanding and Dealing with Grief, Loss, Bereavement, and Traumatic Stress as Potential Outcomes of Reproductive Losses”
1. To differentiate between the types of losses and to list a few examples of minor losses versus major losses.
2. To describe three traumatic events and to name three common symptoms of trauma reactions.
3. To explain two situations where grief and trauma both are present, interactive, and overlapping.
4. To understand the possible impacts of loss and trauma in short-term experience --as minor or normal response, versus in long-term experience--as complicated, chronic, or pathological condition.
5. To acknowledge the mixture of findings in the literature about the outcomes of pregnancy failures and reproductive losses (such as miscarriages and abortions).
6. To learn basic empathy skills, therapeutic tools, and counseling intervention approaches to help those who are vulnerable and at risk, as they continue to struggle and suffer from enduring psychological symptoms, as bereaved, depressed, anxious, disturbed, and traumatized survivors.
PO Box 395, Eau Claire, MI 49111 | 202-230-0997 | email@example.com