2017 Matthew Bulfin Educational Conference Live CME
[.67 Credit Hours] Michelle A. Cretella, M.D. “Gender Dysphoria in Children: Medical and Ethical Considerations”
1. Define terms including sex, gender, gender dysphoria, intersex, transgender and transsexual.
2. Briefly review the Disorders of Sex Development citing data from the North American Intersex Society to clarify the relationship between intersex conditions and gender dysphoria.
3. Explain what brain and twin studies reveal about the nature of gender dysphoria.
4. Present treatment protocol for gender dysphoria in children per the Pediatric Endocrine Society including risks and benefits.
5. Discuss ethical considerations in the care of children with gender dysphoria.
PO Box 395, Eau Claire, MI 49111 | 202-230-0997 | firstname.lastname@example.org